Reliable Equipments offers a vast selection in mechanical valves to meet its customer needs, with distribution services and product supply all over the world. Reliable Equipments design and manufacture a wide range of mechanical controls designed to operate in the required environments, ranging from aerospace to mining and military uses. Our products are the combination of reliable, proven designs with the latest position indication technologies in an effective performance.
While mechanical valves have been used for heart valve replacement for nearly 50 years, the Reliable Equipments brings a fundamentally divergent design to bileaflet mechanical valves. The Reliable Equipments AP360®, AP®, and Standard valves provide exceptional implant ability, performance, and durability.1-3
Mechanical heart valves represent a fundamental change in bileaflet valve design. Other bileaflet valves use cavity pivots, which can provide areas of stasis where potential platelet aggregation can occur.4, 5 Open Pivot valves, on the other hand, have no recesses or cavities where a potential thrombus can form.5, 6 While cavity pivots rely on mechanical sweeping and high-velocity leakage jets, with the Open Pivot design, the unrestricted flow of blood provides for a continuous passive washing. Open pivot mechanical valves offer exceptional performance:
- Phenomenal thromboresistance: Continuous passive washing provides for gentle treatment of blood cells and low levels of hemolysis and thromboembolic events. 2, 6, 9
- Excellent hemodynamics: In-vivo studies demonstrate excellent hemodynamics.2, 9, and 10
- Outstanding durability: Solid pyrolytic carbon orifice and strengthening band provides for thin yet strong orifice and large geometric orifice areas (GOAs).1,2
- Easy implant ability: Single plane orifice facilitates valve seating and implant regardless of suture technique
- Notably quiet: Open Pivot valves are remarkably quiet.9,11